Advantage COVID-19 policies
The safety of our athletes, staff members and the community at large are our primary concern in all decisions we make. Advantage will respond to all local and state guidelines as they continue to evolve.
We may have to make new adjustments to our procedures as circumstances change and we will communicate those to you as soon as possible. We hope you will extend your patience and understanding in the event that we experience further unpredictable consequences. We endeavor to continue to be flexible as an organization to respond to whatever needs arise to the best of our ability.
We have carefully developed a thorough plan to minimize the risk of spreading illness within our facility. While we will take all reasonable and practical precautions, we also fully acknowledge that it is simply not possible to prevent the risk entirely.
By opting to participate in our program during this time, you acknowledge that you understand there is a risk you may be exposed to Coronavirus or other contagious illnesses in our facility. You further agree to do your part to help us minimize such risk to others by following the procedures outlined below.
Customer Guidelines and Responsibilities
Our customers play a crucial role in helping us reduce the risk of transmitting illnesses. Customers should not attend the facility if they are uncomfortable with the remaining risks and / or do not wish to abide by the following responsibilities.
Everyone will undergo a health screening every time they arrive at our facility.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn inside the gym by everyone 2-years and older at all times.
- Temperature check: Everyone that enters the gym for any reason will have their temperature checked. No one shall be allowed to remain in the facility if their temperature is higher than 100.4 degrees.
- Please be prepared to be asked about symptoms, including “are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat? Have you had a fever in the last 72 hours? Have you had a loss of taste or smell? Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?”
- Families who have traveled out of state are asked to follow current state recommendations by waiting at least 10 days prior to attending the gym.
Parent Drop-off and Pick-Up
- Parent drop-off and pick-up will be limited to one adult.
- Please do not enter the facility more than 5 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Parents should wear masks when in the building.
- After drop-off, parents should exit the facility until end of class.
- Current capacity constraints do not allow for parental viewing inside the gym.
- Please follow all markings when entering and exiting the building in order to maintain the appropriate physical distance between staff and other customers.
- Please have your children dressed and prepared for class when they arrive and do not bring any unnecessary items into the building.
- As restrictions ease, we will communicate new guidelines to our families.
COVID-19 Exposure Protocol for Customers and Staff
We have asked all customers and staff members to notify us immediately if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have had close, sustained exposure to someone else who has been confirmed to have the illness.
In the event we receive such a notification, we will follow all current protocols. At a minimum, we will close our facility for the rest of the day to completely clean and sanitize all areas. We will also notify all staff members and customers, while protecting the identity of the person who has reported exposure to the illness.
Gym Guidelines and Responsibilities
- All students will be required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to entering class and after exiting.
- Students will have a designated waiting spot for the start of class and for each area they travel to during class.
- Our coaches will conduct class in a way that allows for the proper physical distance between classmates and staff.
- In the event that we are unable to maintain physical distance for any reason, we will repeat sanitation procedures.
- Student safety will always trump any other guidelines. Staff members will come closer to your student if they need to do so for safety reasons.
- We will minimize sharing equipment and props to the extent possible. Due to the nature of our sport, they will still be sharing some items with other students. We will follow a regular sanitation schedule for all shared equipment.
Advantage employees and vendors have established a regular cleaning schedule to include frequent sanitation of all high touch areas. We use CDC approved cleaning agents throughout the facility.
- All high touch customer surfaces in our common areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Recreational gymnastics and Ninja equipment will be sanitized between each class where possible.
- The entire facility will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each business day.
- Hand sanitizer is available in many areas throughout the gym.
- Extra tissues and trash receptacles have been added to help ensure proper hygiene.
- Our drinking fountain is available as a water bottle filling station only.
- We will open as many doors as possible whenever weather conditions allow in order to increase air flow.
- All employees will wash or sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the facility. They will repeat this process at least hourly or between classes as applicable.